Can I Un-Invite a Wedding Guest
Wedding etiquette states you should not take back an invitation even if it was just a verbal invitation. However, there are always exceptions. If you fall into one of the following situations, feel free to un-invite the wedding guest (politely).
Reasons for un-inviting a wedding guest.
- The guest has greatly offended you and/or your fiancé.
- You think the guest will ruin the overall happiness and joy of the occasion.
- You underestimated the size of the venue and have to cut back on guests.
How to politely un-invite a wedding guest.
- 1. Resist the urge to text or email the guest.
- 2. Talk to the guest in person or by phone.
- 3. Be honest about your reason.