Wedding Invitation Dos and Don’ts
We’ve gathered a few of our most helpful tips when it comes to personalizing, addressing and sending your wedding invitations. We hope these words of advice help you when the time comes to invite friends and family to this very special day.
10 Wedding Invitation Dos
- 1. Do be consistent with wording.
- 2. Do list the bride’s name first.
- 3. Do choose invitation colors that match your wedding colors.
- 4. Do include the children.
- 5. Do be different.
- 6. Do use online RSVPs.
- 7. Do include directions.
- 8. Do let someone else address your invitations.
- 9. Do be diligent about recording responses.
- 10. Do keep an invitation as a keepsake.
10 Wedding Invitation Don’ts
- 1. Don’t mention registry info.
- 2. Don’t list “no children” on the invitation.
- 3. Don’t use more than two fonts.
- 4. Don't mention pre- or post-wedding events.
- 5. Don’t forget to verify addresses in Google Maps.
- 6. Don’t forget to stamp the response cards.
- 7. Don’t forget to include meal choices.
- 8. Don’t set the RSVP Date too close to the wedding date.
- 9. Don’t be vague about who is invited.
- 10. Don’t skip ordering extra invitations and envelopes.