Start With: A Watercolor Woodland Invitation
This woodland wedding mood board was based entirely on the sweet Woodland Whimsy wedding invitation. This design is a part of our Petite Collection, which is full of pretty little wedding invitation suites (including lots of floral-themes) that are as affordable as they are beautiful.
This invitation is just so pretty! From the watercolor roses in soft blush and buttercream to the woodgrain tree cutting – this unique invite sets the tone for your woodland wedding theme from the moment it’s slipped from the envelope.
A Perfect Pastel Palette
If you’re considering a rustic wedding theme, adding light colors into your day will keep it from feeling dark and drab to light and romantic.
- Cream: If you’re ceremony is outdoors, especially if it’s actually in a wooded landscape, using cream liberally will pop. Think dresses, flowers, cake, and even details like chair pads and tablecloths.
- Blush Pink: The lightest of blush pink adds a fairy-tale like element to your day. Add super-soft blush roses into your bouquets and choose blush jewelry to add just a hint of pink.
- Buttercream: Super soft buttercream yellow is just a shade warmer than cream and is another perfect color to infuse into this look. Think about flowing buttercream bridesmaid dresses.
- Fern Green: A woodland look is all about lush greenery. Work with your florist to add greenery into your wedding flowers that are forest-inspired. Different varieties of ferns are a great place to start.
- Fawn Brown: Keep your brown hues light and warm. When we say “fawn” we mean fawn! Think the coloring of Bambi herself. Fawn brown will come into play in the woodgrain details, which come next.
Woodgrain Wedding Decorations
Woodgrain is still such a popular element for rustic weddings. In this look, we stuck with a raw and natural look which has more of a bohemian feel to it. Striking the right balance with woodgrain elements in your wedding is important.
Rent simple, country-style chairs for your ceremony and reception. They’ll really pop if you use cream linens. On your reception tables, use round tree branch or trunk cutting to create gorgeous, rustic tablescapes. Finish them off with candles and dainty vases of fresh flowers and greens to create instant woodland romance.
Photo Credits: Reception: Valorie Darling Photography via Modwedding, Ceremony: Studio Rouge via Country House Wedding Venus, Cake: Kerry Diamond Photography via Whimsical Wonderland Weddings, Bride and Bridesmaids: Erin Fraser Photography, Flower Girl Basket: ETSY, Bouquet: Aisle Society