When it comes time to choose your wedding stationery, you may feel a little overwhelmed. First, the themes and styles feel endless. From stationery adorned with colorful floral prints, to rustic details and even stationery that features photos of the happy couple – it can be hard to nail down which look is thee look for the two of you.
We like to say, when in doubt, go classic. Timeless wedding stationery is our go-to choice because it can fit any wedding-day style. Look for beautiful paper, classic printing and gorgeous fonts that’ll come together in harmony to create romantic wedding stationery.
Begin with a Timeless Save the Date
A timeless save the date should include the three important details about your wedding, and not a whole lot else! Our favorite designs with classic styling don’t include photos, but instead let your simple and joyful message shine.
When looking for a save the date that’s simple but romantic, pay close attention to the paper stock and printing methods that are used. Our favorite printing for save the dates is thermography; it keeps the cost affordable, but it’s way more special than flat digital ink. The lettering is raised from the paper and either glossy or shimmering (depending on the color you choose). Thermography save the dates definitely set a sophisticated tone.
Create a Romantic Invitation Suite with Beautiful Details
We like to think we’re the queens of timeless and romantic wedding invitations. And even our most traditional suites have a twist of modern styling so they’re anything but old-fashioned. Creating a wedding invitation suite that signals to guests your wedding will be a classic affair is easy when you choose a simple but elegant design. Our top picks are:
A Simple Invitation with Calligraphy-Inspired Fonts
The Supreme Tradition suite combines:
- Soft, creamy textured paper stock.
- A simple embossed frame detailed with pearl foil.
- Thermography ink in your choice of color. We love the gold, but black would also be stunning.
Gold Detailing That Looks Luxurious
The Golden Grandeur suite combines:
- Smooth white paper stock.
- A textured gold foil frame with textured details.
- Your wording printed in thermography ink. You can choose any ink color.
A Wedding Invitation Inspired by Royalty
The Pearl Trim suite combines:
- Cream paper with a pear-foil deckle edge finish.
- Custom wording printed in thermography ink. The gray ink here is pretty, but if you want a hint of sparkle, choose silver.
The Perfect Timeless Letterpress Wedding Invitation
The Pure Sophistication suite combines:
- Thick, 100% cotton paper stock that’s so soft, you won’t believe it.
- Personalized wording printed in the fonts and colors you choose. We’re partial to this classic, black ink and timeless font combination, but you could have a lot of fun creating a custom look!
Send a Bridal Shower Invitation with Classic Styling
It’s fun to have your bridal shower match your wedding-day style. If your hostess needs some inspiration to create a classic and romantic bridal shower invitation, stick with simple styling and details like:
- Simple wording-only invitations
- Neutral palettes with a hint of color (we love pink!) or metallic details (gold, gold, gold!)
- Paper stock that feels extra special, like textured or shimmer options.
Top It Off With Timeless Thank You Cards
And finally – don’t forget your thank you cards. Instead of buying plain boxed cards, create a personalized note card with timeless appeal. Not only are these cards beautiful, but seeing your married names in print will make you feel officially married.
Best wishes in your wedding planning, brides and grooms!
xo – the team at Invitations by Dawn