We’ve said it over and over – your wedding day story begins with your invitation. In fact, this look proves that it can inspire your entire wedding mood. We named this new wedding invitation Abundant Blooms because it’s literally bursting with lavish and lush blossoms. Dahlias and daisies mingle together in a dark and moody color palette that’s regal and totally romantic. Hues of orange, cream and green pop against a black background, letting you invite with an elegant look that kicks tradition to the curb.
Let’s talk colors. To pull of this eclectic look, you’ll want to toss all preconceived notions of wedding color combinations out the door. Achieve this style by thoughtfully bringing together a mix of jewel-tones. Your key colors are going to be:
- Rust: this muted orange hue is bold and the key to this look.
- Apricot: balance the dark rust with this softer shade of orange.
- Artichoke: a gorgeous shade of green that blends beautifully.
- Cream: don’t discount the power of a neutral.
- Black: an important tone, but don’t go overboard.
- Burgundy: remember, a little goes a long way.
- Blush: a counter intuitive choice, but ups the romance factor and keeps things soft.
There’s a little four-letter word that’s going to be key to styling this dark floral look: lush. Let’s talk through the two biggest elements of your day and how to infuse lush style into each.
- Flowers: bigger is better and every color from your palette should be reflected in your bridal bouquet. Work with your florist to choose flowers with abundant layers of petals such as garden roses, dahlias, and ranunculus.
- Attire: Amp up the interest-factor by choosing attire that’s a bit outside the box. We love the crocheted lace dress the bride is wearing in our mood board. Pairing it with velvet bridesmaid dresses creates a boho-inspired look to love. Choose velvet for the groom and his guys as well. This classic black version is beautiful and adds a hint of traditional wedding style to your otherwise untraditional look.
Photo Credits: Bouquet: Ivy Road Photography via Polka Dot Bride. Place Setting: Kate LeSueur Photographer via Camille Styles. Bride: Ryanne Hollies Photography via 100 Layer Cake. Bridesmaids: LAURKEN KENDALL via Brides. Groomie: Sea of Love Photography via June Bug Weddings. Cake: Ryanne Hollies Photography via 100 Layer Cake.