In this special article, we’ve gathered a few memorable quotes that you can use in one way or another on your wedding day, as well as a handful of great resources that delve into even more quotes.
Some of the most memorable quotes you might find are in books you’ve enjoyed reading, whether during your childhood or adulthood. Here are five great quotes we found from this list at Buzz Feed of 21 excerpts from books:
- “It has made me better, loving you.” – The Portrait of a Lady by HenHenry James
- “As you wish.” – The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- “When we’re two balloons and together our direction is up, chances are we’ve found the right person.” – The Bridge Across Forever by Richard Bach
- “I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.” – The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
- “I’m in love with you and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.” – The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
We’ve also found a collection of both romantic and funny quotes that you can use on signs, welcome tables and anywhere else you wish.
- “I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.”
- “Please ‘stache some treats for later!” – Make sure to include a fun moustache image and leftover food after the reception!
- “Mutual weirdness forever.”
- “When bride and groom exit as a pair, please joyously toss your pom poms in the air!”
- Writing: “I [heart] you to pieces” in puzzle pieces, then framed.
- Kids posing with wedding signs.
- “Hoppily ever after” if you’re serving IPA beer at the reception.
- “Happily ever after begins here.”
- “Encircled by this breathing world
- “Within this close sphere or warm summer night. Ringed by this congress friends here assembled. We make declaration of our love and union. In public declaring what’s privately ours. From this crowd of hearts shared heat & blood. Love // Care // Honor // Growth. Fine simple things I make a vow of them to you.”
- “They could not remember a time, until now, that forever did not seem long enough.”
- “Today, two families become one, so pick a seat, not a side.”
- “This way to the “I do’s” and the kiss!”
If you’re looking for more sign ideas, read 50 Awesome Wedding Signs You’ll Love on the wedding blog, Deer Pearl Flowers, and check out these 50 whimsical relationship quotes. Don’t forget to check out our Most Romantic Wedding Invitations, too.