Are you worried about what to say when writing wedding thank you wording on 100s of thank you cards? You’re not alone! Luckily it’s not as hard as it seems. Once you read through our tips for writing wedding thank you wording, you might even look forward to creating a personal message for many of your guests.
Tip #1 – Keep it simple but sincere.
No one is expecting a letter on personalized stationery. They just want a quick note mentioning a memory from the night and/or how much you loved the gift they gave.
Tip #2 – Always mention the gift.
We realize it takes time and effort to keep track of the gifts, but it’s worth it. Your guests will feel so much more appreciated if you take the time to specifically mention the gift they gave and how much you love it.
Tip #3 – Take your time.
Etiquette states you have up to 4 months to write and send your thank yous. Take your time and do a chunk of thank yous every night for a couple weeks. It’s better to take your time and remain sincere in your wedding thank you wording than to rush through and be generic.
Can’t think of what to say? Here are 5 ideas to help you get rolling!
- Mention a specific memory from the night, like if the guest made a funny joke at dinner or had some awesome dance moves.
- Mention how beautiful or handsome they looked. A stunning dress or striking suit color is often appropriate.
- Mention a future visit planned with the person or couple, or throw out an invitation to plan something soon.
- Mention a song you chose specifically for them. This is a great one for friends and close family.
- Mention how you plan to use the gift. If they gave a decorative lamp from your registry, mention where it will go in your house and how awesome it looks. If they gave you cash, mention how you’ll use it — maybe toward the honeymoon, down payment on a new house or an upcoming home project.
Here’s an example of wedding thank you wording that hits all of our tips above. You certainly don’t have to follow this format. It’s just a good place to start!
Dear Cody and Michelle,
Thank you so much for coming to the wedding. We really enjoyed dancing the night away with you two! We look forward to having you over soon and enjoying some drinks in that fantastic set of glasses you gave us.