Pennant banners are everywhere and I couldn’t be more excited about it. These banners can add personality to any occasion. A wedding ceremony, reception or any type of party- really anywhere! I decided to create a Watercolor Doily Banner. This super easy project adds a (sometimes much needed) pop of color!
Here’s what you need:
- Paper Doilies
- Magazines or books for flattening painted doilies
- String (approx. 5 feet long)
- Glue Dots
- GATHER: Gather materials. (Nothing is worse than forgetting something and having to grab it mid-project).
- PAINT: Choose desired color palate and paint on doilies. No need to paint perfectly; differences in color saturation/brush direction give added pizzazz! Go ahead and paint all of your doilies now, so the rest of the project is smooth sailing.
- DRY: Let paint dry.
- FLATTEN: During drying process, doilies can morph in shape. Place dry doilies in between magazines to help flatten.
- FOLD: Fold doilies in half.
- SECURE: Prepare to secure sides of doilies with adhesive. (I chose to use glue dots. Glue or double stick tape would also work). DO NOT ACTUALLY STICK SIDES TOGETHER YET.
- STRING: Gather the string of your choice (I chose to use a colored baker’s twine-adorable). Place the string in the middle of the flat doily. Fold doily in half around string, pressing sides together to create a hold with the adhesive applied in previous step.
- HANG: Now you are ready to hang your Watercolor Doily Pennant Banner for all of your guests to enjoy.
Would you use this DIY project to decorate for your upcoming event? What other pennant banner ideas can you come up with using paper doilies? Share your thoughts with us!