Do you want to have curls that loosely fall down your back? Or would you rather have a secure, glam updo for your big day? Here are a few popular DIY wedding hairstyles for you to master:
Side-swept twist updo
This style is romantic yet playful and shows off your delicate and beautiful facial features by falling to one shoulder in a cascade of curls. Here’s how to get it done:
1. Remove the rollers or pins from your hair and run a comb through it to loosen the curls.
2. Tease it at the crown for volume and come through the teased hair lightly just to smooth it out.
3. Start with a small section of hair in front of your ear, and begin twisting your tresses, working your way back and around your lower hairline. Secure the twist with pins and let the ends of your hair dangle as they please.
4. Repeat the process on the opposite side of your head, twisting a section of your locks from in front of your ear and back around your lower hairline, secure with pins.
5. Make sure the style looks sits the way you want it, putting every curl and wave into place, then lightly spritz your hair with hairspray.
1. Part your hair where it naturally lies – preferably the side or middle.
2. Grab a section of hair on each side of the part and loosely braid both sections. The braids should meet toward the back of your head.
3. Apply texturizing cream to the bottom each braid to hold it in place.
4. Using a clear elastic hair tie, secure both braids together in the back. Slide bobby pins in under the braid along the scalp to keep it in place.
If you want a classic and glamorous look, this crisscross modern hairstyle looks chic and beautiful.
1. Take a section of hair at your crown and pin it in place with bobby pins.
2. Separate a 1-inch wide section of hair from one side of your head and wrap it around the back to meet and cover the bobby pins in place. Secure with a pin and repeat on the opposite side.
4. Repeat this pattern, section by section, until you have pinned all of the hair above your ears.
5. Take the rest of your hair and divide it into three sections. Twist the center section up and around itself into a knot – pin in place.
6. Repeat the crossing with the remaining hair until it has all been pinned over the knot. Use pins to secure any stray hairs and spritz with hairspray.
Which hairstyle is your favorite? Share your thoughts with us!