- Chocolate-almond cake with chocolate ganache and mocha buttercream
- Banana cake and chocolate buttercream
- Coconut cake and lime buttercream
- Hazelnut-almond cake with chocolate ganache and raspberries
- White cake topped with a lemon buttercream and raspberries
- Chocolate devil’s food cake with chocolate ganache and praline buttercream
- Lemon cake and lemon curd with vanilla buttercream
- Yellow butter cake with chocolate buttercream and/or chocolate ganache
- Chocolate devil’s food cake with vanilla buttercream and raspberries
- Chocolate devil’s food cake and vanilla buttercream
Is your mouth watering yet? I don’t know about you, but I’m craving some cake. Although all of those sound absolutely delicious, you’re going to have to choose one. Here are some ways to go about selecting the personalized flavor that will make a statement on your big day:
Make sure YOU love the flavor
First and foremost, this is your day, so if one or two guests at your wedding aren’t a fan of vanilla, then don’t let that sway your decision if that’s your absolute favorite flavor. She Knows suggested arranging for a cake tasting so you won’t have to assume that you’ll love it, you’ll know! Even if you’re already pretty sure what you want, why not take this opportunity to enjoy some cake?
Opt for different flavors
If you’re having trouble landing on one particular flavor of cake, you can ask your baker if he or she will allow a different flavor of cake on each tier. This way, everyone gets what they want!
Consider the wedding meal
Another option would be to tailor the cake to your wedding dinner. For example, Martha Stewart Weddings suggests an orange-flavored cake for a Mediterranean-themed meal or a cake featuring ginger for an Asian feast.
What is your favorite flavor of wedding cake? Share your thoughts with us!