Tips for writing the perfect thank you notes:
• Choose the thank you note design that coordinates best with your wedding stationery and with your wedding theme.
• Order plenty of notes to use for shower presents, wedding gifts and services.
• Get out your best pen and your address list. Then start writing!
• Start with the salutation: “Dear Grandma and Grandpa”
• Acknowledge and express appreciation for the gift: “Thank you so much for the place settings of china you gave us.”
• Mention how you’ll use the gift: “We’ve already enjoyed using them for romantic dinners at home.”
• Note a special memory from your wedding: “It was so much fun to see you at the wedding. We loved watching you dance.”
• Encourage future contact: “We’d love to have you over for dinner after the holidays!”
• Thank again and close the note: “Thanks again for your beautiful gift. We’ll think of you each time we use them. Love, Jesse and Ryan.”
General tips for thank you notes:
• Don’t mention if the guest is a duplicate or if you plan on returning it
• If you aren’t sure what the gift is, use adjectives like “unique” to describe it
• If the giver wasn’t at your wedding, share a special memory and your regrets at not seeing them there
• Write and mail thank you notes within two to three months of your wedding
Now that you know everything about putting together the perfect invitation ensemble, it’s time to actually put yours together!