As their name implies, enclosure cards are enclosed with the invitation. Each invitation offers matching enclosure cards in the same paper, colors and style to create a completely coordinated look.
There are two cards you’ll want to include in your invitations:
• Response cards are printed with the date to respond by, a line for guests to fill in their names and the number of people attending. Response cards include envelopes printed with your return address. Include both the card and envelope in the invitation.
• Reception cards are printed with wording inviting guests to continue to celebrate with you at the reception, dinner and dance after the wedding. Reception cards are also perfect for inviting guests to other wedding-related events, like your wedding morning brunch, your gift opening the day after the wedding, etc. Envelopes aren’t necessary for reception cards.
General tips for enclosure cards:
• Print your enclosure cards in the same ink or imprint colors and lettering styles for a cohesive look.
• Set the respond date on your response cards at least two weeks before the wedding to give yourself plenty of time to collect responses and get an accurate guest count.
• Be sure to include a stamp on each response card envelope for the convenience of your guests.
There’s one more important element of your invitation and we’ll tell you all about in our next post – stay tuned!