Every bride knows she needs a wedding invitation. But do you know that an invitation ensemble is only complete when it also includes enclosure cards? The correct envelopes? Save the date cards? Thank you notes?
If you’re wondering how to navigate all the elements of a complete invitation ensemble, here’s your answer: we’re posting a four-part series on everything you need to create the perfect invitation with all the pieces! Today’s installment…Save the Date Cards.
As soon as you’ve set your wedding date, let everyone know about it by sending a save the date card! Save the date cards are printed with your wedding date, the location and wording indicating that a formal wedding invitation will follow.
• Choose a save the date card that matches your wedding invitation for a little “preview” of your wedding style
• Or you can go with a save the date style that will catch guests’ attention in a unique way. Consider our save the date magnets or save the date postcards in colors that will definitely get your date noticed.
• Add your photo to your save the date card – it’s a perfect way to show off those engagement photos!
General Tips for Save the Date Cards:
• Sending save the date cards is especially important when you’re planning a destination wedding and guests will need to make travel arrangements and reserve hotels.
• Mail save the date cards as soon as you’ve set your wedding date to give guests time to mark their calendars and make plans to celebrate with you.
• Only send save the date cards to those who will receive an official wedding invitation.
In our next post, we’ll tell you all about the wedding invitation – stop back!