Loving the look of our photo invitations and photo save the dates? Well, we guarantee that your guests will, too! Invitations and save the dates with you photo on them not only share the good news of your date and announce the big day itself, they become keepsakes guests will keep on the fridge and in photo albums for a long time.
Lucky for you, we’ve made it so easy for you to choose your style and upload your photo. In fact, the only difficult thing about ordering photo invites and save the dates is choosing which of those perfect pictures of you and him you want to feature!
Here are some helpful tips on choosing the right shot and uploading it to your item. You’re going to love the results!
How to choose the PERFECT photo:
1. Make sure the photo you choose fits within the format of the invitation or save the date style you choose.
2. For items with smaller photo spaces, make sure your photo features your faces close together and fairly close up so guests can see just how gorgeous and happy you are.
3. Items with larger photo spaces can feature more artsy shots or ones with you in poses or candid’s other than the traditional portrait style.
4. Make sure the colors in your photo (what you’re wearing, the background, etc.) coordinate with the design color of the invitation or save the date. If there’s a clash, you can choose to have your photo printed in black and white.
5. You don’t have to limit yourself to a picture of your grinning, blissed-out faces, you know. Think how fun it would be to have a photo of the place he proposed, your new house together, your hands showing off your brand new bling, your dog with a “Marry Me?” sign around its neck…get creative!
How to upload your photo to your invitation or save the date:
FIRST OF ALL – Make sure your image is no less than 300 DPI (dots per inch). This is the industry standard for the best quality printed picture. To find out the DPI of your image, open the image in Photoshop or another photo editing program. Then go to Image – Image Size – Document Size and change the number in “resolution” to 300 and choose pixels/inch from your resolution drop-down. Then…
1. Create an account with Invitations by Dawn
3. Upload your image to your item during the personalization process and you’re set!
As always, if you have any questions, our super-friendly and very knowledgeable customer service representatives are waiting to help you. You can live chat with them right from the website, or you can reach them by calling 800-257-9567.
We can’t wait to see the picture-perfect invitations and save the dates (and more!) that you create