There’s the big picture of your wedding – you know, the one you see when you close your eyes and envision your wedding day, the one you describe with lots of hand gestures when somebody asks about your wedding plans. And that big picture is created by all the major things you’ve chosen: the theme, the time of year, the colors, the venue.
But once you get, oh, about ankle-deep into your wedding planning, you’ll find out more and more that the big, dreamy picture is really made up of so many little details that join together to make the spectacular whole. And these days, we’re finding that all those little details are being embellished and beribboned like never before.
In short, not a thing has been left un-blinged. Here’s some inspirational proof.
1. We love this image because it reminds us of something so very important: to embellish all sides equally! Not only the back of your wedding dress – which you must pay major attention to because everybody will be looking at while you say your vows – but all angles of your venue, ceremony site, tables, centerpieces, dance floor…you get the idea. Because you’ll want every view of every element of your wedding to fit that beautiful big picture in your head.
2. Our Pure Elegance Invitation shows that you don’t have to go overboard with your embellishments. Just a simple satin ribbon at the top adds so much style, and shows you’ve thought of everything.
3. And again with the ribbon! But this time, on our Fuchsia Damask Favor Boxes, the ribbon works as a unifier – bringing the damask tops and the bright fuchsia bottoms of the boxes together for a custom-tailored look.
4. When we say “bling,” we’re not necessarily limiting the embellishments to the rhinestone-and-pearl variety. Here’s a centerpiece that takes on Victorian-style glamour with a lacy wrap, a ribbon “choker” and a romantic cameo. All the lace poufs and rose petals on the table? Icing. Gorgeous icing.
5. Look at the impact a few well-placed rhinestones can make on a sleek, black and white item like our Dramatic Bling Flower Basket.This shows that the bling can be bigger when the background is simple. Heighten the drama by including the entire Dramatic Bling collection in your wedding! You’ll love the matching unity candle, ring pillow, guest book, pen set and wedding garter.
How do you think you’ll embellish your day? We’d love to hear about the sparkle, the style, the ribbons and the accents you’re bringing in! Leave us a comment here or start up a conversation on our Facebook page.
P.S. Tune in Saturday for more 2012 wedding trend inspiration – (hint: nothing plain about it!).