Adding watercolor touches to your entire wedding will help you make a unique splash of style. Not a painter? You’re in luck! Watercolor is a hot trend right now and the technique is being used on everything from invitations to décor items to fabrics, and they’re all just waiting for you to incorporate them into your big day!
Need ideas? Check out our inspiration board and then read on for our great advice!
1. Set an artistic tone for your entire wedding with an invitation with a watercolor design. Only you’ll know you didn’t paint each one by hand! Check out our Watercolor Butterflies Invitations — they’re available in three beautiful shades to coordinate with your style perfectly.
2. What to do for flowers? Choose blooms in a watercolor palette like shades of pink and yellow.
3. Watercolor is at its best in invitations like our Watercolor Shades Invitations in three colors to suit YOU.
4. Fabrics with hand-painted or printed watercolor details will make your wedding party a stand-out group.
5. Think a watercolor wedding theme is only for spring and summer? Think again! Look how beautiful the watercolor leaves stand out on this Autumn Artistry Invitation.
6. Achieve a minimalist but still very romantic look by creating a white “canvas” for your entire wedding and adding in touches of watercolor here and there. Like this white cake with pastel, watercolor-style flowers, for instance. Copy the look for your ceremony look (all-white with pastel floral arrangements), attire (white dresses with sweet bouquets) and reception décor (white tablecloths and draping with pastel napkins and lighting).
7. Water + roses = totally romantic! Go for these Watercolor Roses Invitations and choose your color.
8. Switch off the fluorescent lighting at your reception and turn up the artistry! Ask your decorator to use soft lighting in watercolor shades. It’ll turn even an all-white wedding into something colorfully spectacular.
9. The French call it “ombre” — the way one color shades seamlessly into another. We call it a stylish way to introduce your wedding! Check out our Sweet Shades Invitations in three palettes.
Feeling artistic? Got a friend who’s talented with a paint brush? Well, then it’s art project time! Add watercolor painted touches to signs directing guests around your reception, to fabric banners marking our head table, to table number cards — anything needing a splash of color!