Cherith and Mike were dreaming of a winter wedding. The sparkle of the snow, glow of the candlelight on the ice, the chill in the air that makes you feel solo cozy.
And so they took the ultimate step. Not only did they have a winter wedding…they had an OUTDOOR winter wedding. You heard us right. Outside. In January.
How in the world did they pull it off? With adventurous spirits and a lot of creative planning! They found the perfect local park with huge, snow-covered evergreen trees, a beautiful shelter for the ceremony and a skating rink that offered a warming house for getting ready. Then they sent invitations that told guests to “Bundle Up!” — perfect for letting everyone know to wear their warmest coats and bring their warmest smiles. Keep reading for more ideas!
1. Cherith sewed fur-trimmed coats for herself, Mike and the entire wedding party. Warm and stylish!
2. Instead of a bouquet, Cherith carried a fur muff accented with winter greenery and silk flowers that wouldn’t freeze in the January air.
3. The flower girl spread sparkling faux snow and confetti down the aisle.
4. Ice lanterns Cherith and Mike made held candles to light the path down the aisle.
The reception and dance were inside, but the wintry touches didn’t end at the door!
5. Cherith added icy blue touches and pearls to her white wedding cake.
6. Glass cylinders held floating candles and were accented with sparkling snowflakes and ornaments. Each table shone with the addition of runners made from glittering fabric.
7. Personalized napkins in icy blue — Cherith thought of every single detail!
The event was so romantic that guests braved ice-cold toes and the little tears of joy that froze on their eyelashes in heart-warming good spirits.
How adventurous are you? And are you inspired to take the ultimate step to have the wedding YOU want? Tell us all about it in the comments or see what other brides are thinking on our Facebook page!