Impossible? Not for this couple! By following their hearts – and with some extra-careful planning – the couple got exactly the wedding they wanted! How’d they do it all?
~ They escaped to Las Vegas for a small and romantic destination ceremony.
~ Then they enjoyed the sights and the lights while they were there.
~ They worked black and gold (go Hawkeyes!) into their wedding attire and decorations.
~ And then when they came home, they threw a big party and invited all their friends and family to celebrate with them.
See? Creating the wedding of your dreams – even if you’re dreaming of having it all! – isn’t impossible. Sure, you might have to give some here, take some there and compromise on some details, but it’s worth the work when the result is a totally unique, totally you celebration of your first day of married life.
Here’s how Tonia and Cory managed their details…
1. Tonia and Cory at their Vegas destination wedding. Totally happy.
2. The yellow and white flowers had black ribbons – elegant AND Hawkeye-esque.
3. The groom’s tie – stylish stripes with the jacket closed, rabid fan when he loosens his collar.
4. The romantic gazebo in Vegas where the couple got married – away from the lights and hubbub for the moment.
5. The bride’s garter and so-stylish silver wedding shoes – a Hawkeyes girl underneath it all, fashion plate for all the world to see.
6. The unity sand ceremony – me and you (and Hawkeyes colors, too).
7. Even the individual cakes at the reception back home had yellow and white flowers and black ribbons. Yum.
So…what about you? What’s your wedding dream?
~ Big church ceremony, night club style dance afterward? Go for it.
~ A secret elopement in Paris and a Paris-themed, gourmet dinner party reception when you get home? Oui!
~ Wedding by the lake and a barbecue reception with camping, then a wedding dance in town the next night? Why not?!
~Or would you show your team spirit the way Tonia and Cory did and “Be aggressive. Be Be Aggressive!”
We love wedding looks as much as the next person! If you have a wedding look that you can’t keep a secret or just want to brag about how awesome your wedding was/will be tell us all about it in the comments!