The unity sand ceremony is a unique, new take on the unity candle tradition. A sand ceremony is perfect for destination weddings on sandy beaches and for outdoor weddings anywhere, as candles are difficult to light and keep lit outside. The bride and groom each have a container of different colored sand, which they pour into a larger vase symbolize two becoming one. If your new marriage involves children and blending families, order an extra vase and sand color for each child involved and have them join in the ceremony as a sign of family togetherness.
If you’d rather light a unity candle, choose one that fits your wedding theme and your personal style. Dawn offers so many unity candle styles to choose from – hearts, autumn leaves, roses, damask patterned, butterflies and more. Also get creative with your unity candle stands to complete the look. Purchase a unity pillar candle and two taper candles, one for the bride and one for the groom. It’s a lovely touch to have your parents come forward before the ceremony begins to the light the taper candles as a sign of their love and support. When it’s time to light your unity candle, lift your tapers, join the flames into one, and lower that flame to the wick of the unity candle. You can decide whether or not to blow out your individual taper candles after the unity candle is lit.
2. Accent your Western wedding with a unity candle with country flair!
3. Make your unity candle part of your happily ever after with this fairy tale candle set.
4. Set this heart unity candle AND your hearts aglow!
5. Accent your floral wedding with a unity candle resting in sculpted, calla lily candle stands.
6. It’s all about love, from this day forward! Symbolize it with this silver heart candle stand for your unity candle.