You've got the guy, you've got the ring, and now you need to choose the style, the mood for your entire event — a.k.a. your wedding theme! The wedding theme you choose will say so much about who you are as a couple, so sit down with your fiancé and start brainstorming about the tone of your day.
How do you go about deciding on a theme for your wedding? The sky's the limit! Your wedding theme can be based on ANYTHING you love, so be creative.
Your favorite color
• Go with shades of that favorite color, black and white with a pop of a single color, or a mixture of all the colors you love.
Your favorite season
• Winter weddings, fall weddings, and beautiful, warm-weather events all have their own theme possibilities.
Your favorite vacation location
• Love going to the mountains, the beach, the Caribbean, the family farm? Why not hold your wedding there and create a theme around the location?
• Do you love bicycles, flowers, motorcycles, hunting, fishing or the great outdoors? Make it your wedding theme!
• Whether you're a firefighter, computer programmer, chef, musician, writer or master gardener, you can add in elements of your occupation to your wedding to mirror your lifestyle.
Your favorite movie
• Hollywood buffs can choose their favorite film, genre or period in film history and build a wedding theme around it.
Your favorite period in history
• Renaissance revelers, Civil War buffs, '60s throwbacks — add in elements from the era you love and create a fun wedding theme.
Then be sure to announce your wedding theme with invitations to match! Here are a few invitations designed to coordinate with some of the themes we've mentioned above.
1. For your colorful theme: Flourishes Invitation in Fuchsia, also available in thirteen other lovely colors.
2. For your winter theme: Winter Wonders Invitation
3. For your beach theme: Paradise Found Invitation
4. For your motorcycle theme: Motoring Toward Love Invitation
5. For your movie theme: Cinderella to the Ball Seal and Send Invitation
6. For your Renaissance theme: Royal Treatment Invitation
Do you have any other cool theme ideas? Leave a comment to share your inspiration!