Two little words — such big meaning! So many people will have done so much to make your wedding perfect that you’ll be saying those words a lot. And nowhere will it be more important than when you write your appreciation for gifts and services and kindnesses on your thank you notes.
The task can seem overwhelming, but it’s really so simple. Lucky for you, we’ve broken it all down for you to make writing those notes enjoyable, easy and almost effortless!
Steps To The Perfect Thank You Notes
1. Choose the thank you note design that coordinates best with your wedding stationery and with your wedding theme. We show you our favorites below!
2. Order plenty of notes to use for shower and wedding gifts and services.
3. Get out your best pen and your address list.
Then start writing!
4. Start with the salutation: “Dear Aunt Julia and Uncle George”
5. Acknowledge an express appreciation for the gift: “Thank you so much for the place settings of china you gave us.”
6. Mention how you’ll use the gift: “We’ve already enjoyed using them for romantic dinners at home.”
7. Note a special memory from your wedding: “It was so much fun to see you at the wedding. We loved watching you dance.”
8. Encourage future contact: “We’d love to have you over for dinner during the holidays!”
9. Thank again and close the note: “Thanks again for your beautiful gift. Love, Anna and Jake.”
• Don’t mention if the guest is a duplicate or if you plan on returning it.
• If you aren’t sure what the gift is, use adjectives like “unique” to describe it
• If the giver wasn’t at your wedding, share a special memory and your regrets at not seeing them there
Check out great ideas for choosing YOUR thank you notes!