So the big, towering wedding cake’s just not for you? No problem! There are so many options for ending your wedding on a sweet note that don’t involve a traditional cake!
1. Serve a variety of bite-sized treats on tiered trays so guests can help themselves. Think about petits fours, gourmet chocolates and truffles, miniature cheesecake bites, or whatever your sweet tooth calls for! Ask your baker to decorate the sweets just as beautifully as a traditional wedding cake, with colorful frosting accents, fresh fruits and sugar flowers.
2. Chocolate lovers? Go rich and decadent with chocolate cupcakes and other baked goodies. Pre-package the cupcakes in large cake boxes so they’re ready for guests to take home or enjoy on the spot.
3. Kid in a candy store? Set up a “candy bar” for guests to dig into. Fill glass vases and containers with an assortment of candies in colors that coordinate with your wedding theme. Provide favor boxes and favor bags for guests to fill and take home.
4. Get creative with your post-dinner sweets by decorating them to fit with your wedding theme. Choose natural-tone frosting and raw sugar topping for a beachy look for your cupcakes and add a candy seashell to the top. Other ideas? Add fresh flowers for a garden wedding, tiny sparkling snowflake picks for a winter wedding or leaf-shaped chocolates for an autumn celebration.
5. One large wedding cake may not be your style, but imagine how delighted guests will be to find individual cakes on their reception tables! The smaller cakes can be made in a variety of flavors so guests can mingle with other tables to find their favorite slice.
Make serving your treats elegant by providing personalized knives and servers!
(Photo credits 1,2,4,5: Get Married)