If you’re planning a Celtic-themed wedding, the luck of the Irish is with you! This St. Patrick’s Day, we’re sharing creative and unique ideas for not only introducing your wedding with Celtic flair, but also or adding unforgettable touches to your entire celebration.
You don’t have to be of Irish descent to throw a Celtic-themed wedding. The culture has so much beautiful symbolism, it’s meaningful for everyone who appreciates it.
• Exchange Irish claddagh wedding bands to symbolize your love, loyalty and friendship.
• Add in touches of green in your attire, flowers (bells of Ireland, anyone?) and décor
• Add Celtic music to your wedding with a harpist, fiddler or bagpiper
• Incorporate Irish prayers and poetry into your ceremony
• Give guests tiny shamrock plants as favors
For more ideas, see what Dawn has to offer!
1. Our Celtic Pride Invitation sets the tone for your wedding with an old Celtic blessing printed right on the front. Choose green ink for a true Irish look.
2. Our Love, Loyalty and Friendship Invitation boasts a glistening gold claddagh design for romance.
3. Symbolize your never-ending love with the beautiful, intertwining design on our Celtic Love Knot Invitation.
4. Give guests a reminder of your wedding and your Celtic theme by giving each one a Celtic Token as a favor.
5. A ring of pewter is engraved with a Celtic eternity knot design and the words "Friendship, Love, Loyalty" inside to create a meaningful addition to your ceremony. Tie your wedding bands to the 5 1/4" diameter pewter Celtic Ring and have your ring bearer carry it proudly down the aisle. Display the ring in your home after the wedding.
6. When Celtic is your theme, this Celtic Claddagh Garter is your perfect accessory!
7. Mimic Ireland’s “40 shades of green” in your floral arrangements. Blossoms and foliage of different textures and green hues will create a lush look at your wedding.
8. Toast your heritage, your love of Celtic flair and your new marriage with signature drinks in a lucky shade of green!
(Photos 7, 8: GetMarried)