We’ve been watching the 2011 weddings trends, and we can’t wait to share our discoveries with you! No matter what stage you’re at in your wedding planning, you’re sure to be inspired by at least one of these great ideas.
Top 11 Wedding Trends for 2011
2. New “neutral” colors. Nudes, sheer pastels and gray are replacing black and brown as basics to build your wedding color scheme on.
3. Fashionable morning weddings and brunch receptions — because they fall outside prime wedding time frames, they’re economical, too!
5. Outdoor weddings are still going strong — make yours unique by bringing indoor furniture out to create a sense of natural luxury.
6. Mixing table shapes and sizes at the reception to accommodate small and large groups of guests.
7. Nixing assigned seating — group guests by tables or just create a free-for-all so guests can sit with old friends or make new ones.
8. Embellished wedding gowns. Floral appliqués, tulle, bejeweled mermaid shapes and extravagant veils are the hot looks of the year.
9. Hiring a DJ to spin your favorites rather than booking a live band (which is often much more expensive).
10. Unique locations — libraries, art galleries, cocktail lounges and presidential suites of hotels are taking over as the most fashionable and fun wedding locales.
11. Vivid colors — pink, orange, red, green and navy alone or in combination are the hottest colors of the year.
Let us know about which wedding trends you’re following or setting for YOUR wedding! We’d love to hear from you in the comments.