Are you on a tight budget and wanting to do a few DIY projects yourself? Gather your maids to help and have some fun while you’re at it! Here are a few budget friendly, DIY tips that will not only save you money, but will also incorporate some personal touches to your special day.
1. Print your own invitations with Dawn’s DIY wedding invitation kits. Buy the paper stock, and use the convenient and free wedding invitation templates to print the cards. Kits include 50 blank invitations and matching outer envelopes, 50 blank enclosures and matching envelopes (for respond cards, reception cards, informal cards or thank you notes,)
2. Embellish! Dawn offers inexpensive, classic white wedding invitations and favor boxes that are easy to embellish. Add rhinestones or ribbon to invitations and feather accents, charms or stickers to favor boxes to reflect your wedding style and theme.
3. Personalize your wedding accessories. Add photos of you and your fiancé to your guest book. Paste photos on each page, or scatter them throughout the book to make the book your own. Plus, this is a great time to show off your engagement photos. Guests will love to see them.
4. Create a wish tree. Wish trees are great alternatives to guest books. Put a tree branch in a pot and let it set in plaster. Then, tie ribbon or twine onto leaf favor tags and have each of your guests write a wedding wish to the bride and groom.
5. Decorate your ceremony and reception venues. Save money on a “day of planner” and do this project yourself (with the help of family and friends, of course). Dawn offers decorations of all sorts, including: aisle runners, wedding art, bows, wedding balloons, card boxes, table decorations and more. View all wedding decorations.
Do you have DIY tips to share with other brides? Send us a comment!