Bridal showers are meant to celebrate the bride-to-be. What better way to do that than with bridal shower themes that fit her style and give you a starting point for planning the best bridal shower ever!
Here at Invitations by Dawn, we definitely have some favorite bridal shower themes we’ve run into over the years. We’re even seeing some new ones that we can only hope to be invited to (or plan) ourselves.
1. Kentucky Derby Shower
Imagine everyone in over-the-top hats and fancy dresses with a little bubbly in their hands. Check out the 2014, Kentucky Derby red carpet for some great wardrobe inspiration!
2. Wine Tasting – A true classic. You can easily plan a wine tasting bridal shower at home or at your local winery (there are plenty of local wineries to choose from these days!) Repurpose our Wine Country wedding invitation as bridal shower invitations — they’ll be perfect.
A Bit Eccentric
1. Mad Hatter Tea Party – Another opportunity to wear some crazy hats, not to mention you get to create one of the best tablescapes of all time! Think bright colors, bold patterns and, of course, mix-and-match plates and teacups.
2. The Princess Bride - Anyone who loves this movie will love this bridal shower theme. Make it into an outdoor movie party with a showing of the princess bride and fun details like tiaras and signs that say “Mawwiage bwings us together.” Might we recommend our arrow decals to fit the theme?
Just Plain Cute
1. A Sundae Shower – Set up an ice cream bar with all the toppings you can think of. Pick up some old-fashioned ice cream cones, sundae cups or decorative bowls. Oh, and don’t forget the super long, totally awesome ice cream spoons.
2. Milk and Cookies Shower – Create a fun and colorful set up to display milk and cookies for the taking all throughout the shower. Ask guests to bring their favorite cookies with a copy of the recipe for the bride.
1. Gadget Shower – Each guest brings a gadget that changed her life for the better! This has great potential to turn into an unpredictable party that has everyone talking and laughing all night long.
2. Beauty Bar Shower – Perfect for the eco-conscious bride. Guests make their own body scrubs, lotions and masks, and they get to take them home in cute little canning jars.
1. Tiki Drink Shower – A tropical party with a tiki twist! Find some tasty tiki drink recipes, then buy or make tiki glasses (thrift stores are great places to find “tiki glasses.”) You can also make them out of pineapples or coconuts.
2. Stock the Bar – An old favorite, this bridal shower theme asks each guest to bring something for the couple’s home bar. Couples who love to entertain really appreciate this bridal shower theme.
Just on the scene!
1. Custom Fragrance Shower – Each guest gets to create her own fragrance! How cool is that? We don't know of many places doing this yet, but we think it will blow up soon. Check out Ka Mil Yin for more information on perfume bar parties as well as DIY kits you can order.
2. Flower Arranging Shower
Bridal shower themes don’t come much sweeter than this. Flower arranging showers are especially great for the more artistic folks in your crew. Just gather several bunches of flowers and give guests the means to make their own arrangements or sculptures.
Be sure to check out our selection of bridal shower invitations. You’ll find some beautiful designs to fit your bridal shower themes.