If you took a gamble, and fate dealt you a lucky hand in love, the obvious theme for your wedding is Vegas, baby! A Las Vegas wedding theme is so fun to plan – and it’ll be fun for your guests to attend, too.
You’ve got two options when you’re planning a Vegas-style wedding.
1. Make it a destination
Get married (by Elvis?) in the gambling capital of the USA itself, the city of Las Vegas. You’ll be amid bright lights, high rollers, drive-through wedding chapels, great entertainment and the excitement of a big city. Planning ahead for a Vegas destination wedding is crucial.
Send save the dates that bring in the iconic “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign
as soon as you’ve set your date, because guests will need plenty of
time to make travel arrangements to celebrate with you.
- Send Las Vegas theme wedding invitations along with an
itinerary of your wedding weekend so guests know what to expect when
they get there.
- Meet guests’ needs for comfort and fun.
- Arrange a block of rooms at a great hotel that’s close to the
action, get group discount tickets for an amazing show, give them
lottery tickets as favors to test their luck.
- Hire a bus to take guests to the ceremony, reception and back to the hotel so they don’t have to deal with city driving.
2. Bring Vegas home
Re-create the Las Vegas atmosphere closer to home!
- Ask a friend to get ordained, dress up like Elvis and be the officiant at your wedding.
- Hold your reception at a local casino and arrange for dealers and machines to be available just for your wedding guests.
- If you’re not near a casino, check into renting equipment like roulette tables and hiring dealers to come to your venue.
- Decorate with disco balls and lots of lights to create a big city atmosphere.
- Skip the sit-down dinner and offer buffets loaded with lavish foods, Vegas-style.
- Hire a bartender who will engage your guests and make your cocktail hour a fun experience.
- Send guests home with lottery tickets and decks of cards for a fun memory.