What's that cute groomsmen's name?
Where do I sing along?
How is the ring bearer related to the bride?
You know guests will want to know the answers to these and probably many other questions about your wedding ceremony. And your wedding program is to tell them all about your wedding party, the order of the service and other fun details (like how you and your maid of honor have been friends since you were two!).
The great thing about our custom wedding programs is that you get to, obviously, customize them. The tricky part? You might not know HOW to customize them! It's a lot of wording, we know. But you can relax- we're here to help.
Here are the MUSTS to include on your wedding programs:
- your names
- your wedding day, date and time
- wedding location
- names of parents and grandparents
- names of wedding party members
- name of the officiant
- a to-the-point list of the order of service (you can get this info from your officiant)
If you have room and would like to say more, here are some ideas:
- your relationship to your wedding party members (cousin, brother, friend,etc.)
- the names of the soloists, musicians, personal attendants and other key people
- a memorial to loved ones who are unable to celebrate with you
- the titles and composers of the music included in your wedding
- a thank you message (usually on the back of the program)
- information about where and when the reception will start
- printed inserts of the prayers and songs you’d like guests to join in on
Need some examples? Here you go...
Relationship to wedding party members:
Maid of Honor – Julia Smith, longtime friend of the bride
Flower Girl – Emma Franzen, godchild of the groom
A memorial to loved ones:
The candles and flowers on the altar are in loving memory of those with us only in spirit today…
Beatrice and Marvin Smith – grandparents of the bride
Donald Franzen – grandfather of the groom
Kirk Rosen – friend of the couple
Titles and composers of songs:
Processional – “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring,” J.S. Bach
Unity Candle – “Grow Old Along With Me,” John Lennon
Thank you message:
We are so happy you have made time to celebrate with us today. Having you here made our wedding day so much more special. We would especially like to thank our parents for their love, guidance and support of our relationship and of our wedding plans. – Amelia and Jason
Information about the reception:
The celebration continues!
Landmark Hotel – 1500 West 9th Street, St. Paul
Cocktails from 5:30 to 6:30
Dinner at 6:30
Dancing from 8:00 to midnight
Notes to follow inserts for prayers and songs:
Gathering Hymn – “Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee” (see insert)
Blessing – Please answer “Amen” to the following prayers (see insert)
Above all, make your wedding program wording personal. Make sure it makes guests feel welcomed and included in your wedding ceremony. They’re sure to keep the programs as keepsakes long after the big day is over!